Recipe (click to expand)
1/2 c Butter or margarine
1/2 c Flour
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Basil,dried leaf
3 c Chicken broth from Simmered+
2 1/2 c Chicken from Simmered Chick+
1 Egg,lightly beaten
2 c Cottage cheese,creamed
1/2 lb Lasagne noodles,cooked/drain
1 pk Spinach,frozen,thawed/draine
1/4 lb Mozzarella cheese,thin slice
1/4 c Parmesan cheese,grated
SIMMERED CHICKEN 1 Chicken,broiler-fryer
2 1/2 c Water
2 Celery tops
1 Bay leaf
1 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
1. Melt butter in a large; blend in flour, salt and basil.
2. Stir in chicken broth; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens
and comes to a boil. 3. Remove from heat; add chicken.
4. Mix beaten egg into cottage cheese.
5. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
6. Place a third of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the dish; top with
half the noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the spinach and half the mozzarella cheese. 7. Repeat the layering; end with the last third of the chicken mixture.
8. Top with Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake in preheated 375’F. oven 45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
*** SIMMERED CHICKEN *** 1. Put chicken in a kettle; add water and remaining ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover tightly; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until tender.
4. Remove from heat; strain broth.
5. Refrigerate chicken and broth at once.
6. When chicken is cool, remove meat from bones; cut into small cubes.