Recipe (click to expand)
8 pork chops 3/4 inch thick
– about 4 pounds – salt black pepper freshly ground 2 cups all-purpose flour
vegetable oil paprika
1) Trim the excess fat from the edges of the pork chops. Sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper.
2) Season the flour generously with salt and pepper. Dredge the pork chops in flour until coated on all sides. Shake off any excess flour. Pour enough vegetable oil into a heavy deep skillet (cast-iron is perfect) to fill it to 1 inch. Heat over medium heat to 375¡F. (A small cube of bread dropped in the oil will brown in about 30 seconds.)
3) Add only as many of the pork chops to the skillet as will fit without touching. Cook them, turning them once, until cooked through (no trace of pink remaining in the center) and deep golden brown, about 12 minutes. Use a long-handled fork or tongs to prevent getting splattered.
4) Remove the pork chops from the skillet to drain. Sprinkle them with paprika and serve hot.