Recipe (click to expand)
2 c Vegetables
2 Onions cut length-wise
2 Green-Chillies cut
Length-wise 1 ts Corriander powder
1 1/4 ts Salt
pn Turmeric powder 1/2 Inch Cinnamon
2 tb Coconut powder
1 ts Khus-Khus (poppy seeds)
1/4 ts Garlic
1/4 ts Ginger
1. Put a reasonable sized vessel on the range and heat oil.
2. Put cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add onions and green chillies and fry till onions turn brown.
4. Add garlic + ginger paste and fry for a minute or so.
5. Add vegetables and fry for about 3 minutes.
6. Add Water (about a cup or two).
7. Let the vegetables + turmeric powder cook.
8. If you are using canned or frozen vegetables skip the above step.
9. Add coconut paste, khus-khus, salt and wait till cooked. (note:
Cook on a low fire) Recipe By : Somesh Rao