Recipe (click to expand)
1 lb Potatoes
— (weighed after peeling) 8 oz Peeled onions
6 oz Finely grated Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper 1/2 pt Milk
1 ts Marmite
1 oz Chopped, unsalted nuts
1/4 ts Paprika
1. Cut potatoes into very thin sices.
2. Slice onions thinly and separate into rings.
3. Fill a 3- to 3-1/2 pint greased heatproof dish with alternate layers of
potatoes, onion rings and cheese. Begin and end with a layer of potatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper lightly between layers. 4. Heat milk until hot, add Marmite and stir until dissolved.
5. Pour into dish over vegetables and cheese.
6. Sprinkle with nuts and paprika then cover with lid or aluminium foil.
7. Cook in centre of moderate oven (350 F or Gas No. 4) for 1-1/2 hours.
Uncover and continue to cook for a further half hour or until potatoes are tender. 8. Serve hot.
From: The Marmite Guide to better cooking – by Sonia Allison Copyright Borvil Group Marketing Limited 1969 Typed for you by Karen Mintzias