Recipe (click to expand)
|2||pound||whole chicken, broiler-fryer chicken to 3 lbs|
|6||each||whole black peppercorns|
|2||teaspoon||salt 3 md carrots, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1||teaspoon||dried rubbed sage|
|1||cup||buttermilk biscuit mix|
|2||tablespoon||dried parsley flakes|
|4||oz||button mushrooms, drained|
|10||oz||peas, frozen, thawed|
|1. Wash chicken and pat dry. |
2. Place chicken, the 2 cups water, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt in a
3. Add carrot slices and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes longer.
4. Remove chicken pieces from broth and set chicken aside until cool enough
5. Remove chicken from bone: and cut into bite-sized pieces.
6. Discard bones, bay leaves and peppercorns. Skim any excess fat from
7. Return chicken to casserole.
8. In a small bowl combine flour, the 3/4 cup cold water and the sage until
9. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until gravy is thickened
10. Prepare dumpling dough in a small bowl by combining biscuit mix, milk
11. Add mushrooms and peas to chicken and gravy mixture.
12. Drop dumpling dough by spoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture to form 6
13. Uncover casserole and heat an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until